Windows 8.1 component store got corrupt and can't start 32bit applications

anulin

Hello!
I was merging my OS partion with another partition and the run was iterrupted. After fixing the partitions with chkdsk some files disappeared and the system no longer started. I used recovery cmd to run sfc and dism and managed to restore some of the files. However, not all of the components were restored. The system now starts, but it can only run 64bit apps. For 32bit apps it gives 0xc0000142 error. Please find the CBS.log and Dism.log attached.

Attachments

• logs.zip
    125.4 KB · Views: 90

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
Hello!
I was merging my OS partion with another partition and the run was iterrupted. After fixing the partitions with chkdsk some files disappeared and the system no longer started. I used recovery cmd to run sfc and dism and managed to restore some of the files. However, not all of the components were restored. The system now starts, but it can only run 64bit apps. For 32bit apps it gives 0xc0000142 error. Please find the CBS.log and Dism.log attached.
Sorry. Recommended usual methods:

1. Restore from backup (first backup your data before changing anything drastically), hard lesson!
2. Reinstall

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 / Windows 10
Back