VMWare Workstation 16 on Win8.1 Host and WinXP Guest: Hardware accelleration Problem

Van Allen Belt

Hello Folks,
I was wondering if anyone knows whether VMWare can do 3D hardware accelleration for a Windows XP guest running on a Windows 8.1 host.
I did it successfully on a Windows 10 Home host system, for an old flight simulator that won´t run on anything higher that Windows XP, and the
graphic rendering quality was excellent, with very satisfactory frame rates.
However, I don´t want to use Win10 any longer, and switched over to Windows 8.1, but somehow 3D hardware accelleration isn´t working, although
I´ve done everything the same way.
Thanks very much in advance for any helpful suggestion!
Best wishes,
Van Allen

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    ASUS
    CPU
    AMD A6-3670K
    Motherboard
    F1A55-M R2.0
    Memory
    8Gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    Geforce 750GTX (1Gb)
    Browser
    Edge
    Antivirus
    Defender
Searching and searching , I found the following on the VMWare requirements page, and it may be
the origin of the problem, but then, if it´s a hardware problem, why does it work on Windows 10?
Anyway... it says:

You must install Workstation Player on a host system that meets certain processor requirements.
>QUOTE<
Supported Processors
The following host systems are supported.
  • Systems using processors launched in 2011 or later except for systems using the following processors:
    • Intel Atom processors based on the 2011 Bonnell micro-architecture. For example, Atom Z670/Z650 and Atom N570.
    • Intel Atom processors based on the 2012 Saltwell micro-architecture. For example, Atom S1200, Atom D2700/D2500, and Atom N2800/N2600.
    • AMD processors based on the Llano and Bobcat micro-architectures.
  • Systems using the following processors.
    • Intel processors based on the 2010 Westmere micro-architecture. For example, Xeon 5600, Xeon 3600, Core i7-970, Core i7-980, and Core i7-990.
>UNQUOTE<

Cheers,
Van

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    ASUS
    CPU