Legacy option not working

droniexx

Hi I am a newbie
I have a problem I can't load windows on to my laptop using Legacy option At the moment I am using UEFI
I prefer Lagacy In the bios set I disable secure but them allow Legacy. Then choose Legacy. I have reset default settings.
It shows lagacy as the first option also Usb drive for instalation because the laptop doesn't have a CD/DVD drive.
I click the USB the Four squares logo and the six dot appears the goes and only aBlack screen I left if for an hour but nothing happened.
It was clear Legacy was not recognised. I downloade the Dell restore disk for both win 7And 10 but they only use UEFI. I am very frustrated can any one help Please?
Thank you in advance

My Computer

System One

• OS
    win 8.1
    Computer type
    Laptop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    worstation 7710
    CPU
    i7 6th gen
    Memory
    64 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    deicated Intel HD 530
    Sound Card
    Realtek
    Screen Resolution
    3840x2160
    Hard Drives
    the SSD total 3.24TB
    Case
    worstation /Laptop
    Cooling
    Twin Fans
    Mouse
    Wireless
    Browser
    firefox 64 bit
    Antivirus
    AVAST PREMIUM
Hi I am a newbie
I have a problem I can't load windows on to my laptop using Legacy option At the moment I am using UEFI
I prefer Lagacy In the bios set I disable secure but them allow Legacy. Then choose Legacy. I have reset default settings.
It shows lagacy as the first option also Usb drive for instalation because the laptop doesn't have a CD/DVD drive.
I click the USB the Four squares logo and the six dot appears the goes and only aBlack screen I left if for an hour but nothing happened.
It was clear Legacy was not recognised. I downloade the Dell restore disk for both win 7And 10 but they only use UEFI. I am very frustrated can any one help Please?
Thank you in advance

What if you try enabling UEFI and turning on CSM in your UEFI firmware settings. So you will be able to boot legacy operating systems and UEFI systems at the same time if you know what I mean.

Hope this helps!

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 10 Pro x64
    Computer type
    Laptop
    Lenovo ThinkPad L460
    CPU
    Intel Core i5 vPro
    Motherboard
    Lenovo ThinkPad L460 motherboard
    Memory
    8.0 GB DDR3
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel(R) HD Graphics 520
    Sound Card
    Intel(R) Display Audio
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Screen Resolution
    1366x768
    Hard Drives
    SATA3 240GB SSD
    Keyboard
    Standard PS/2 Keyboard
    Mouse
    Synaptics Pointing Device
    Browser
    Google Chrome
    Antivirus
    Kaspersky Total Security 2021
Hi thanks for your response
I have tried your option but for some reason the bios automatically reverts to UEFI I have asked a friend
to help I can pass this on in case anyone else has this problem. First make sure any thing you need is backed up
Then do a clean install by first diable secure boot and reset in that page to default then advaced boot option click for legacy.
again reset to default then go to boot option change to legacy reset to defaut save and reboot. it goes into lagacy. also when windows
is loaded flash the bios this is important for a clean install my friend told me so it seems this problem I had is not common. He also told to make sure my dock
is drivver updated incase the problem came from my videoing which carried a virus. or maybe when cleaned something was not reset. THhanks again every one

My Computer

System One

• OS
    win 8.1
    Computer type
    Laptop
    worstation 7710
    CPU
    i7 6th gen
    Memory
    64 GB