Solved Intel Serial IO I2C Host Controller A368/A369 Win7/8.1

Moline

Laptop: Dell Precision 7530, Intel Core i7, 8th Gen UHD630 Graphics, 64GB of RAM, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 1507

I was wondering if anyone has gotten to work under 8.1 the 8th generation Coffee/Cannon Lake Intel Serial IO I2C Host Controller (A368/A369): The device ID's for these devices are as follow: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A368&REV_10, and PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A369&REV_10

Without these, the Dell Touchpad (ALPS) does not work. Here's the associated driver for it and what I believe is the HID-complient device ID for it: HID\VEN_DELL&DEV_0831&Col01 (Dell Touchpad) and HID\Vid_044E&Pid_1212&Col01&Col01 (HID driver)

I have all the drivers, including UHD630 thanks to Cannonkong over at win-raid, working except for the touchpad, meaning I have to use USB mouse while booted into the 8.1 portion. Windows 10 1507 (10240) works like a charm, which I have on a separate hard drive within this laptop, and can access without swapping drives out (I have 3 M.2 slots in this thing), if you need any more info about the devices. Thanks in advanced for anyone who can help me out here!

Intel Serial IO I2C Host Controller (Win10): Intel Serial IO Driver | Driver Details | Dell US

Dell Touchpad (Alps, Win10): Dell Touchpad Driver | Driver Details | Dell US

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1/10
    Computer type
    Laptop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Dell Precision 7530
    CPU
    Intel Core i7
    Motherboard
    Intel 8th Generation Coffee Lake
    Memory
    56 Gigabytes
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel UHD630
    Sound Card
    Realtek
    Screen Resolution
    1920x1080
    Hard Drives
    256 Gigabyte M.2 SSD x3
    Mouse
    Alps Touchpad
I finally got the stupid touchpad in my Dell Precision 7530 to work with Windows 8.1. Here's how:

1. Download these: https://www.mediafire.com/file/icgdlhs9vys6x0i/Intel_Serial_IO_7thGen%2B_Win81.zip/file They're intended for Intel Skylake, but can be made to work with Kabylake and later by simply adding in the Device IDs.

2. Please read the Read Me for a list of supported devices. If yours is not listed, you will need to mod the INF to include it.

3. Disable Driver Signature Enforcement. If you have a multi-boot, you can just simply reboot and then select Change Default or other options on the boot menu. If not, navigate to Settings->Update and Recover->Recover->Advanced Startup->Restart. Click Restart now again and the Advanced options will appear.

4. Go to Device Manager and System Devices. In there, there will be a few devices named Intel Device (or they may have the name of the device already). These will report as having no driver installed, so right click->Update->Browse->Select from a list->Have Disk->And then point it to iaLPSS2_I2C_SKL.inf. Install away.

5. Install the touchpad driver that corresponds to your device whether it be Synaptics, ALPS, or Elan. Dell uses a customized version of ALPS known as Dell Touchpad. If you have this, you can find the driver on the driver page for your Dell laptop model. Just select Windows 10 from the dropdown.

6. Restart if prompted and voila, the touchpad should be fully functional!

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1/10
    Computer type
    Laptop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Dell Precision 7530
    CPU
    Intel Core i7
    Motherboard
    Intel 8th Generation Coffee Lake