Can anyone help me to install Windows 8.1 on a Dell Vostro 3520 with a i7 12th gen processor?

Drew19718

I've been trying to install it but there are some issues which are occurring and those are two error screens right after the 1st part of install. It blue screens 1-2 times with an error of INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR and then after that whenever it goes to recovery it shows me error code 0xc0000001! Anyone know how this can be fixed?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    I want Windows 8.1
    Computer type
    Laptop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Dell
    CPU
    Intel i7 1255-U
    Motherboard
    Dell Inc. / 0PJ00M / A00
    Memory
    16 RAM
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel Xe Iris Graphics
Being not familiar with the Dell Vostro laptop, or that error code, I'm just going to ask you,,,,

How old is this Laptop? And, what was the original OS? How much ram does it have, and is the hard drive mechanical or SSD?

I wouldn't have any problem at all, installing Windows 8.1/Pro/ 32 or 64. I have both ISO's on Flash Drives.

But maybe some prep work on the little PC, would be best before any OS INSTALL.

How are the batteries? Both Main and CMOS? Main Battery should be in good condition and able to be charged to 100%.
And, the CMOS battery MUST be at 3.0 vdc minimum, or it would need replacing.

I'm looking at this from the standpoint of a Computer Tech, being asked to install an OS to that laptop. I've done that a few times before.

Next, I really have to ask, "Why Windows 8.1?" It was a great little OS, back in its day, but that day is now long past.
I had 8.1 on every one of my dozen or so, PC's and Laptops, just a few years ago.

But that was then, years ago, and now the best OS for an older PC or Laptop, is some version of Windows 11.
Working with different OS's is my hobby, now that I'm retired.

My latest OS to work with is "Windows MICRO 11" Pro/64. With the MS/BS all removed, it downloads in just a few minutes, burns quickly to a Flash Drive, using Rufus, and then installs in just a few minutes.

I've installed MICRO 11 several times now, to different SSD's on different PC's. It runs really good on an old HP laptop with just 4GB of ram, and a Crucial 120GB SSD.

Drop me a PM if I can help you.
TM :cool:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win-8.1/Pro/64
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Acer X-1200
    CPU
    AMD 2 Core
    Motherboard
    Acer
    Memory
    Crucial, 4GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    NVIDEA GeForce 9200
    Sound Card
    On Board
    Monitor(s) Displays
    24" Acer
    Hard Drives
    Sandisk, SSD 500GB
    PSU
    Acer
    Case
    SFF Slimline
    Keyboard
    emachines 101 key
    Mouse
    Logitech Wireless
    Internet Speed
    5 Meg
    Browser
    Firefox
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender
    Other Info
    Using Classic Shell on Win-8.1 /pro/64
I've been trying to install it but there are some issues which are occurring and those are two error screens right after the 1st part of install. It blue screens 1-2 times with an error of INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR and then after that whenever it goes to recovery it shows me error code 0xc0000001! Anyone know how this can be fixed?
I'm not familiar with this specific computer model, or faced this error in the past, nope.

But someone here faced the same: INTERNAL POWER ERROR bsod

Apparently he got some luck, but never confirmed solving the issue, perhaps you can get lucky.

I suggest... you try the following:

1. Use another computer with VirtualBOX
2. Create a virtual hard disk (VHD) it can be dynamic or fixed size, just make sure you have enough space on disk, specially for the dynamic because it will grow during runtime (separate than growing while installing stuff)
3. Install Windows (the version you want) on the VHD
4. Download and install VENTOY on an USB drive or hard disk of your preference, follow the instructions posted on the website or Youtube regarding booting VHD files
5. Copy your VHD file
6. Boot.

Hopefully you will run your desired Windows version this way, it's a direct virtualization with access to all the hardware and speed. The main difference is, there is no hibernation or fastboot, this can be helpful when you face power management issues. I have tried this multiple times with great luck.

Eventually, if you want to, you can move your VHD to a permanent disk using old style backup (macrium or aomei), and after the backup, restore to whatever hard drive you want, it may solve the issue, or perhaps you discover only the VHD method works.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 / Windows 10
Back