Solved Windows 8.1 ntoskrnl.exe 0xc21a BSOD

saiber77

seems like my friend has installed every piece of crap software in existence, so that isn't helping, can only boot in safe mode. Driver verifier causes a BSOD but can't seem to analyze anything other than the ntoskrnl.exe and ntkrnlmp.exe.

Ran malwarebytes and ADWcleaner, tried DISM but that fails from Safe Mode with networking, sfc finds but can't fix all issues. Did a chkdsk, not sure where to go from here but obviously something like a driver is causing this computer to crash, he had iobit crapware installed including the driver booster program so it's the likely step to take. I appreciate any help.

I have run the dm_log_collector.exe several times, it goes through all the motions, collects everything, and says it has saved it to the desktop with "computername".zip but the file is never created... Can you run me through the steps manually? I have collected the minidumps myself and can run the rest of the log collection if someone can run me through the steps. TIA

Edit: I unpacked the executable and manually ran the .bat commands, I have now attached all the various txt dumps. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• dump.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 156
  • logdumps.zip
    499.7 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1, Windows 10
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Various HW
    CPU
    Intel i5
    Motherboard
    ASUS
    Graphics Card(s)
    Geforce GTX
I was able to resolve the issue by running tweaking dot com windows repair module. Thanks to anyone who may have been looking into this issue. Cheers.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1, Windows 10
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Various HW
    CPU
    Intel i5
    Motherboard
    ASUS