PC Build Advice

championroma

Banned
I would like advice on a CPU and Video card for Vegas Pro 18. For the two items, I have a budget of about $600 or $700. Not sure how to split that between a CPU & video card or if I should put it all into a CPU with integrated graphics. My projects are very basic with 50 - 100 clips with simple transitions and a few audio tracks. Currently, my i7-3770 without a dedicated graphics card takes 8-10 hours to render a 45-minute video in 2K. (Using Movie Studio 16) Would like to get that down as much as possible and maybe graduate to 4K. Thanks! Mark

My Computer

System One

• OS
    MS-DOS
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    i7
    CPU
    hard
    Motherboard
    ryzen
    Memory
    256gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    new
    Browser
    web
    Antivirus
    artic
I would like advice on a CPU and Video card for Vegas Pro 18. For the two items, I have a budget of about $600 or $700. Not sure how to split that between a CPU & video card or if I should put it all into a CPU with integrated graphics. My projects are very basic with 50 - Ram For Ryzen 7 5800 100 clips with simple transitions and a few audio tracks. Currently, my i7-3770 without a dedicated graphics card takes 8-10 hours to render a 45-minute video in 2K. (Using Movie Studio 16) Would like to get that down as much as possible and maybe graduate to 4K. Thanks! Mark
thanks in advance for any help

Last edited:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    MS-DOS
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    i7
    CPU
    hard
    Motherboard
    ryzen
    Memory
    256gb
    Graphics Card(s)
    new
    Browser
    web
    Antivirus
    artic
I'd love to be of assistance, but.....I have not built a new PC for 16 years, since I retired.
So I don't even know what's on the market these days.
I just thought that maybe if we yak it up a little bit here, someone will come along who will be able to help you. Hopefully!

Good Luck Mate!
TM :cool:

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Win-8.1/Pro/64
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    Acer X-1200
    CPU
    AMD 2 Core