How to find device by VID and PID in device manager?

rsbrux

Windows Update is trying unsuccessfully to install an updated driver from Lifeworks, and I would like to find out which device it is. The description is merely:
LifeWorks Technology Group LLC - Input - USB Human Interface Device
and my system includes a lot of HID devices. However, based on the Vendor ID, which appears to be 062A, I found the PID (0204) in msinfo32.
There are lots of posts explaining how to get the VID and PID of a device from Device Manager.
Is there any way to do a reverse lookup?

My Computer

System One

• OS
    WIndows 8.1 Pro x64
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    System Manufacturer/Model
    Upgraded Fujitsu/Siemens ScaleoE
    CPU
    Intel Core i5
    Motherboard
    Intel DH67BLGD
    Memory
    32 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel onboard
    Sound Card
    onboard
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Panasonic TV
    Screen Resolution
    PSU
    original Scaleo E
    Case
    Elonex Artisan
    Browser
    Firefox
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender
    Other Info
    HTPC
You can try searching the various databases online using the VID, PID, or device hardware string.

I'm not up-to-date on which database is the most reliable but a quick search offered up a few...
-> Find unknown devices using a vendor and device ID. | Device Hunt
-> Find Unknown Device Drivers | Device Kb

I use a freeware tool by Nirsoft, USBDeview that makes use of an .ids file you save and drop in the same folder as the app, basically a text file with many many device IDs, open the link in your browser, who knows your device might show up.
-> http://www.linux-usb.org/usb.ids

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 x64
    Computer type
    Laptop
    Lenovo G50-45
    CPU
    AMD A6-6310
    Memory
    12GB
    Monitor(s) Displays
    15" Laptop Display, 32" Samsung HDTV
    Internet Speed
    SLOW (4 Mbps)
That's not quite what I was looking for, but thanks anyway. I already used some websites, including DeviceKB, to figure out the VID and PID, but I wanted to find the device in Device Manager in order to uninstall the Windows driver that was blocking the installation of the Lifeworks driver. I don't find either DeviceKB or Device Hunt very useful in this case, because the ID starts with HID, not PCI or USB.
I am a big fan of Nirsoft's SearchMyFiles, but I didn't' know about USBDeview. Thanks for the tip.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    WIndows 8.1 Pro x64
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    CPU
    Intel Core i5
    Motherboard
    Intel DH67BLGD
    Memory
    32 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    Intel onboard
    Sound Card
    onboard
    Monitor(s) Displays
    Panasonic TV
    Screen Resolution
    PSU
    original Scaleo E
    Case
    Elonex Artisan
    Browser
    Firefox
    Antivirus
    Windows Defender
    Other Info
    HTPC
I'm sorry, I guess I'm not sure why you can't work backwards using the VID & PID in Device Manager, it just takes time and you will need to use the drop-down feature in Properties, and locate the device with the info you already have. The Details of the selected device and the Property drop-down should help... notice the many and varied categories, the rest is up to you.

What is Lifeworks? Do you have a Defender kb & mouse, the info in your first post seems to match these devices???
-> Defender USB-compliant Keyboard and Mouse Driver v.6.6.7600.0, v.6.6.6000.0 download for Windows - deviceinbox.com

Go to the bottom of the page, notice the VID & PID... BTW I'm not recommending downloading anything, I can't vouch for the site, just wanted to show you what your VID & PID appears to be associated with - just some FYI :)

My Computer

System One

• OS
    Windows 8.1 x64
    Computer type
    Laptop
    Lenovo G50-45
    CPU
    AMD A6-6310
    Memory
    12GB
    Monitor(s) Displays
    15" Laptop Display, 32" Samsung HDTV
    Internet Speed
    SLOW (4 Mbps)
Thanks again for responding. I also found the page you refer to, but don't have the keyboard illustrated. I suspect that the driver is an update for the RK0410 RF keyboard which was originally provided with my Fujitsu-Siemens Scaleo E. Windows has installed its own drivers from 2006 for all of my HID devices and the update being offered is from 2009. My IR receiver is on the same USB I/F card as the RF keyboard and hasn't worked since last fall, so I suspect that the Windows drivers clobbered it and hope to restore it to operation with this update.
As you imply, I am leery of downloading and installing a driver from such an anonymous source. I managed to find the driver Windows Update is trying to install in the Microsoft Update catalog, but when I try to download it, I get an error:

Error
The website has encountered a problem

[Error number: 8DDD0010]

There is a problem with the page you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

Please try the following:
Contact the Web site administrator and inform them that this error has occurred for this Web page address.

My Computer

System One

• OS
    WIndows 8.1 Pro x64
    Computer type
    PC/Desktop
    CPU
    Intel Core i5
    Motherboard
    Intel DH67BLGD